A token, considered as a learning tool, is given to some students at the end of each session.
Goals by giving a token
- To keep students interested in finance after their training, because monitoring the real time value of someone’s token is quite stimulating.
- To enhance students’ knowledge between learning levels. The website is a good source of continuous learning. It also provides pertinent information on personal finances.
- To start a first long-term investment program. The token is a teaching tool that helps students move from theory to practice.
Tokens allocation policy
Rules applicable to tokens (approved by the Autorité des marchés financiers)
- The total value of all tokens given within the same class session is deposited into an investment portfolio that is opened and held by the Treasure Academy.
- The value of each recipient’s token is converted into participating units in the Treasure Academy investment portfolio, which was created especially for that class session.
- Each recipient receives a certificate that certifies the number of units he or she is holding. The price of each unit is initially set at 10 $.
- Participating units must be held during 5 years or until the recipient is 18 (the latest of the two) in order to abide by laws on securities.
- Token recipients can keep track of the value of their units on the Treasure Academy website.
- Upon maturity of the investment portfolio (5 years), the Treasure Academy will issue a cheque to each recipient, in the amount corresponding to the value of his or her units.
Click here to monitor the value of your token by selecting your class session.
*The teacher will use his or her objective judgement to select recipients.